The Peace Research Institute Frankfurt stands for
- Basic research. Aimed at benefiting humanity, the work of PRIF focuses on basic research promoting progress in scientific knowledge about peace-related issues.
- Theoria cum praxi. The Leibniz Association aims at providing research-driven policy advice (independent, objective and nonpartisan) and knowledge transfer.
- Good scientific practice. PRIF scholars follow the guidelines on good scientific practice of the Leibniz Association, the German Research Foundation and the German Political Science Association, which share a focus on scholars' honesty with themselves and others.
- Interdisciplinarity. At PRIF, researchers in the social sciences, humanities and natural sciences collaborate across disciplines.
- Excellent training. Doctoral training at PRIF qualifies young scholars for an academic career, but also for positions at research institutions, in politics or industry, as well as in civil society or international organizations.
- Equal opportunities. PRIF equally promotes scientific and administrative careers for women and men, and supports making work more compatible with familiy life.
- Teamwork. The working atmosphere at PRIF is characterized by mutual respect, flat hierarchies and cooperativeness.
As a signatory to the employers' initiative "Charta der Vielfalt", PRIF is committed to promoting diversity in companies and institutions.