Head of the Terrorism Research Group (PostDoc)
For the consolidation and expansion of the thematic focus "Radicalisation and Terrorism", our Program Area III "Transnational Actors" is, as of 1 January 2019, looking for
a Head of the Terrorism Research Group (PostDoc)
for an initial period of 3 years (Salary Group TV-H 14, under the terms of the Wis-sZVG)
Your responsibilities include:
- Development of, application for grants for and implementation of research projects on national and transnational terrorism;
- Management of the above-mentioned research group and coordination of the research group's projects;
- Publication activities in the thematic focus, in particular on transnational terrorism;
- Maintenance and further development of the Institute's international network;
In addition, we expect involvement in the further development of the research agenda of PRIF, willingness to cooperate on an interdisciplinary basis and to communicate research results to the political and social public as well as participation in the committees of PRIF’s self-administration.
The applicant should fulfill the following requirements:
- At least a very good doctorate in political science, sociology or another relevant discipline;
- Research focus in the field of terrorism and/or political violence;
- Experience in political consulting;
- Good knowledge of current scientific and societal debates in the field of terrorism and/or political violence;
- Good knowledge of qualitative and/or quantitative social science methods.
Very good command of English, spoken and written, as well as competent handling of standard office software are prerequisites. Knowledge of German is not a prerequisite, but it is expected that the applicant shows will-ingness to try to acquire German language skills within the next one to two years. Depending on the research topic, further language skills may be advantageous.
PRIF is a winner of the Total E-Quality award and seeks to promote work/life balance. In the case of equal qualification, applicants with severe disabilities will be given preference.
Please send your application documents including an outline of your research project of not more than three pages by October 10, 2018 via e-mail to bewerber(at)hsfk.de. Please include the position code (Kennziffer) 3.1. Unfortunately, application expenses cannot be reimbursed.