Doctoral Researcher (m/f/d) in part time (50%), salary scale E 13 TV-H, for three years (under the terms of the WissZVG)
The Peace Research Institute Frankfurt (PRIF) is a foundation under public law. With over 80 employees, PRIF is currently the largest peace and conflict research institute in Germany.
The Research Department III “Transnational Politics” is, as of the earliest possible date, seeking to employ
a doctoral researcher (m/f/d)
in part time (50%), salary scale E 13 TV-H, for three years
(under the terms of the WissZVG).
Your responsibilities include:
- Participation in the development of a research field on international calls for boycotts and boycotts by non-state actors;
- Participation in the research of the programme area within PRIF’s research program ‘coercion and peace’;
- Implementation of a doctoral project in the field of non-state boycotts and protests;
- Participation in the committees of PRIF’s self-administration
The applicant should fulfill the following requirements:
- A good or very good master’s degree (or equivalent) in political science or another social science qualifying for entry to a PhD program;
- research focus/interest in the area of non-state actors and their potentials to and instruments to exercise coercion;
- willingness to conduct field research and collaborative research;
- willingness to participate in the dissemination of research findings to the political and general public.
Very good command of English, spoken and written, as well as competent handling of standard office software are prerequisites. Knowledge of German is not a prerequisite, but it is expected that the applicant shows willingness to try to acquire German language skills within the next one to two years.
PRIF is a winner of the Total E-Quality award and seeks to promote work/life balance.
In the case of equal qualification, applicants with severe disabilities will be given preference.
Please send your application documents including an outline of your PhD project of not more than five pages as well as a work sample as a single PDF document via e-mail to bewerber(at)hsfk.de. Please include the position code (Kennziffer) 3.1. Unfortunately, application expenses cannot be reimbursed.