Here you can find our vacancies in the overview:
Doctoral Researcher (m/f/d) (65%), salary scale E 13 TV-H, for three years (under the terms of the WissZVG)
The Research Department “Glocal Junctions” is, as of the earliest possible date, seeking to employ
a doctoral researcher (m/f/d) in part time (65%),
salary scale E 13 TV-H, for three years (under the terms of the WissZVG)
Your responsibilities include:
- the implementation of a social or cultural science doctoral project on interactions between global environmental changes and local conditions of peace, conflict, and human security – for example, on the vulnerability and resilience of local systems or on the social consequences and risks of climate change;
- participation in the research within PRIF’s research program on glocal conflict situations;
- participation in the committees of PRIF’s self-administration.
- good or very good master’s degree (or equivalent) qualifying for entry to a PhD program;
- research focus/interest in the area of environmental peace and conflict research;
- very good knowledge of the current scientific and social debates on Earth-system research;
- good or very good command of quantitative and / or qualitative social-scientific methods;
- willingness to conduct field research and collaborative research;
- willingness to participate in the dissemination of research findings to the political and general public.
Very good command of English, spoken and written, as well as competent handling of standard office software are prerequisites. Knowledge of German is not a prerequisite, but it is expected that the applicant shows willingness to try to acquire German language skills within the next one to two years following employment.
PRIF is a winner of the Total E-Quality award and seeks to reduce unequal representation in existing salary grades and to promote a work/life balance. In the case of equal qualification, applicants with severe disabilities will be given preference.
Please send your application documents, including a complete CV (without a photo), certificates, and an outline of your PhD project of not more than 10 pages max, as a single PDF document by 20.10.2020 via e-mail to bewerber(at)hsfk.de. Please include the position code (Kennziffer) 5.7. Unfortunately, application expenses cannot be reimbursed.