In order to build up and expand expertise on AI, machine learning and KDD at PRIF, we are looking for a
Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/d) (100% TVH 13)
with a background in data science and data engineering to support our work in the arms control field for an initial period of 36 months.
Your duties will be varied, however, the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop concepts for data mining solutions and knowledge discovery in databases (KDD) in arms control and export control contexts for various types of data
- Identify where AI-based solutions could foster arms control and verification
- Prototyping of data analytics tools as demonstrators based on Big Data tools
- Supporting colleagues to understand and incorporate latest developments in AI and data mining into their work
- Establish and cultivate contacts with other Leibniz Institutes with related fields
- Publication of research results both in peer reviewed academic journals, as well as in other, more policy oriented publications
- A very good Ph.D. in computer science, mathematics or another natural science with a clear focus on AI, KDD etc.
- Profound working experience in machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Strong interest in issues of international security, preferably in arms and export control
- The ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner
- Willingness to work in various empirical fields of arms control (e.g. export controls, nuclear issues, autonomous weapon systems)
- Excellent command of English, spoken and written. Knowledge of German is not a prerequisite, but it is expected that the applicant shows willingness to try to acquire German language skills within the next one to two years
- Working at one of the leading peace research institutes in Europe, recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and policy advice, in an interdisciplinary environment
- The chance to be part of the development of a new line of research at PRIF
- Combining basic research with knowledge transfer into policy-making, media and society and being part of a dialogue with national and international decision makers
- A well-equipped institute in the heart of Europe
- Working in an open and interdisciplinary environment
- PRIF is an Equal Opportunities employer who is certified by the Total E-Quality award and seeks to promote work/life balance
Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given preferential consideration.
Please send your application documents including a motivation letter, a complete CV (without a photo), certificates and an overview of a relevant project of not more than three pages by 15.1.2021 via email to bewerber(at)hsfk.de. Please include the reference number 1.1. Please note that application costs will not be compensated.