Search for Publications
- Studien der HSFK: In the form of monographs and anthologies Studien der HSFK present fundamental findings of the institute as well as contributions to the discourse of peace and security policy.
- PRIF Reports: PRIF Reports offer background analyses on political events and developments and present research findings in German or English.
- PRIF Spotlights: PRIF Spotlights examine current political and social topics that are relevant for peace and conflict research. Since 2017 they replace the former HSFK-Standpunkte. They address a wide audience interested in peace and security issues.
- PRIF Working Papers: The Working Papers are published at varying intervals in German/English and allow an insight into current basic research.
- Peace Reports: The annual Peace Report has become the common yearbook of the five leading peace research institutes in Germany since its first appearance in 1987.
- PRIF Blog: Since 2017 PRIF is blogging about current issues and debates that are relevant for peace and conflict research.
- HSFK-Reports: Until 2017 the German HSFK-Reports offered scientific analyses on current political issues and recommendations to decision-makers.
- HSFK-Standpunkte: The HSFK-Standpunkte were published between 1993 to 2016 with at least six issues a year and offered thought-provoking viewpoints on the latest political debates.
In accordance with its constitution, the Peace Research Institute Frankfurt conducts basic research, transforms the findings into practical courses of action and provides knowledge to the general public. This abides by the guiding principle of the Leibniz Association, theoria cum praxi, referring to the expectation that all staff members contribute to disseminating research-based knowledge to the political and public spheres. PRIF’s publication strategy targets a broad array of groups both within Germany and abroad.
PRIF's publication formats: