What are the possibilities and risks of promoting peacebuilding through Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs)? What are the needs and challenges of practitioners? And how can they benefit from scientific findings?
Experts who work in research and practice of peacebuilding are brought together to discuss these questions as part of “Science. Peace. Security 2023”, this year co-organized by the Research Center “Transformations of Political Violence” (TraCe). The dialogue panel will proceed as a part of the interdisciplinary conference “Science · Peace · Security '23”.
Participants of the panel discussion are:
- Laura Guntrum, PEASEC TU Darmstadt & TraCe
- Fabian Hofmann, Geneva Graduate Institute
- Julia Hofstetter, ICT4Peace Foundation
- Charles Martin-Shields, German Institute of Development and Sustainability
- Nina Strumpf, Berghof Foundation
- Moderation: Markus Lederer, TU Darmstadt & TraCe
When: September 21, 2023, 4-6.00 pm
Where: Georg-Christoph-Lichtenberg-Haus, Großer Saal, Dieburger Str. 241, 64287 Darmstadt & Livestream
The dialogue panel is free of charge and all civil society actors and citizens are warmly welcome.
Please register here & indicate your attendance plans.